Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day


I love making little dresses for little girls, especially one as sweet as Miss Emelia. And what could be any sweeter than Valentine Conversation Hearts for a special little Valentine Girl.

I used a basic button shoulder jumper pattern, size 2, adding about an inch to the front and back shoulder tabs because Emelia is tiny but a little tall for her age.

The machine embroidered conversation hearts were created using a bought heart from Embroidery Library. The original just had "Cute Pie" but I wanted more than one heart on her dress and I wanted other sentiments. Using Babylock Palette V8, I duplicated the single candy heart design three times and changed the thread colors. I repositioned the hearts, rotating them to make a little grouping of candies.


Then I separated each design by color, removing the original words. I typed in other appropriate Valentine candy heart sentiments, like "Be Mine," "So Sweet," and "Love You" using the very small text option in the embroidery software. With a little trial and error, the words were easy to fit within the candy heart designs and stitched out beautifully on the red trigger fabric.

Looks like Little Miss Emelia loves her Happy Valentine's Day dress from her Nana. She's a very sweet little Valentine Girl.

No comments: