Thursday, February 3, 2011

Horse Quilt Off The Frame!





I finally got the horse quilt off the quilting frame. I suspect it had been on there at least 6 months, maybe longer. I spent a good part of yesterday and last evening squaring up the quilt and trimming the threads. With individual little quilting elements in all the different sections of the blocks, that was a lot of trimming. My plan is to bind it today and get it in the mail by the weekend. I know Sheri will be surprised (and pleased, I hope) to finally get it back!

It wasn't easiest thing to quilt. The quilt top is flannel and the dimensional piecing made positioning the quilting machine foot a challenge, particularly over the areas where many seams converged.

Now is's done and I'm pleased. I think I'l load up some plain ol' fabric and just play with the quilting machine for a while now. I'll try not to notice that box of 6 or 7 tops waiting their turns on the frame.

No comments: