Thursday, February 3, 2011

Banana Nut Muffins - Yummmmm

Since three bananas were on the verge of turning into a dark brown blob hanging on the fruit basket, I figured today would be a good day to replenish the freezer with tiny little Banana Nut Muffins.

They make a delicious easy breakfast or tea break with very little effort. Just spread the frozen muffins on a piece of foil, pop 'em in a cold oven, turn it on about 300-350 degrees. While the coffee is brewing or the tea is steeping, the muffins will warm up nicely. Yummmm.



I think I'll go have one, or two, right now. But maybe you'd like the recipe? I'm not one to follow any guidelines exactly as intended. Be it a recipe or a pattern for a quilt or dress, I have to do a little personal adjustment here and there. So, here's my not-so-original-but-adapted-by-me

Banana Nut Mini Muffin Recipe
(Makes 48 mini muffins)
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray mini muffin pans with non-stick spray.
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg

Sift all the above together and set aside.

3 large ripe bananas, mashed
1 tsp lemon juice
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1/3 cup melted butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)

Mix mashed bananas with lemon juice then combine with sugar, egg, melted butter and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir in flour mixture till smooth and add nuts.
Drop into prepared muffin pans.

Bake in preheated oven about 12 minutes, more or less, till golden brown. I test a center muffin with a toothpick. When it comes out clean, they're done!

When the muffins are all cool and we've eaten all we want for the day, I freeze a dozen at a time in quart size freezer bags, sucking out the air with the hand pump thingy.
Enjoy!

No comments: